What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding is defined in Working together to safeguard children 2018 as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Safeguarding at Third Space Learning
We take online safety seriously and are committed to ensuring that children using our services do so in a safe educational environment.
Our recruitment processes; safeguarding policies and procedures; safeguarding training; and features built into our delivery platform are all designed to provide a safe educational environment for children.
The measures include:
- Our team of UK qualified primary school teachers and educationalists designed and developed the recruitment, induction, training and safeguarding framework;
- Requirement for all tutors to have official vetting documents similar to a UK DBS check;
- All interactions between pupils and tutors take place on our platform via the whiteboard in our online classroom. This provides an audio connection and shared whiteboard slides only (with no video functionality) so that pupils and tutors cannot see each other;
- All sessions being recorded and recordings are available to schools on request.