KS2 SATs Intervention
Raise KS2 maths attainment with targeted support for Y6 pupils
Ensure more pupils meet Y6 expectations:
✔ Baseline assessment to identify gaps in KS2 knowledge
✔ Weekly 1-to-1 teaching to secure core KS2 concepts
✔ Lesson content to build familiarity with SATs style questions
✔ Regular reporting to support Y6 planning & teaching
✔ Downloadable Y6 specific assessment, resources and CPD
94% of schools surveyed who used Third Space in 2018 felt it provided effective SATs preparation
We know it can be hard to provide personalised teaching to the Year 6 pupils who need it most.
Our KS2 SATs Intervention helps you to do this, providing target pupils with weekly online 1-to-1 lessons with their own specialist maths tutor.
Baseline assessment & lesson selection
- We begin by assessing your pupils’ gaps against Y6 expectations.
- You decide whether you’d like lesson objectives to be automatically selected or if you’d rather choose from our curriculum of over 270 lessons
Weekly 1-to-1 teaching
- Lessons are delivered by specialist tutors, who adapt the pitch and pace to each individual pupil.
- Pupils communicate with their tutor in our secure online classroom, a low-stakes environment which encourages them to explain their thinking.
- 1-to-1 conversation helps pupils develop their reasoning and problems solving skills.
Building foundations for SATs success
- Every lesson incorporates problem questions for pupils to tackle.
- Pupils become confident at quickly and accurately applying their skills in a range of contexts and drawing upon a range of methods simultaneously.
Reporting and assessment
- You can quickly and easily see the content your pupils are covering using our online platform.
- Weekly reports ensure you’re kept in the loop and are able to feed this assessment into your class SATs preparation.
- Progress overviews capture impact across a term or year.
The Third Space Maths Hub
- Your school gets access to hundreds of resources to support teaching across the whole of Key Stage 2, not just the Year 6 pupils enrolled on the intervention.
- This includes a whole range of SATs-specific resources, from practice papers to revision packs to modelled question videos for your pupils.
Find out about 1-to-1 maths for your target groups
Want to see how our online 1-to-1 maths interventions work first-hand? Let us know a date and time that works for you to:
- Review our curriculum
- See how our online 1-to-1 tuition works
- Explore the online learning platform
- Get a quote for your school
Available for primary schools in the UK only. If you’re a parent looking to support your child, please visit: matr.org
What schools like yours are saying:
All 8 children who had the 1-to-1 sessions achieved age related expectations in SATs, with high arithmetic and reasoning scores. The children really valued the opportunity to work at their own pace and every week I would assign the lessons, focusing on what each child needed.
Rebecca Jakes, Maths Lead, Woodcot Primary School
Learning is tailored to meet the needs of the children. The support network which is offered is second to none. It is an incredible resource which has a very positive impact on the confidence, progress and attainment of our children.
Val Pavey, Pupil Premium Lead, Woodlands Academy of Learning
Third Space Learning’s 1-to-1 interventions supported children in developing their skills and more importantly, confidence in maths, particularly in the build up to SATs. Pupils themselves valued the closer attention and opportunity to work entirely at their own pace through tricky issues.
James Norman, Headteacher, Whipton Barton
We had two year 6 pupils doing Third Space Learning last year. Both of them absolutely smashed their maths SATs; they both achieved age related expectations and one even achieved a scaled score of 114!
Alex Knight, Edwalton Primary School