We’ve prepared 44,000+ pupils for KS3 success
We’ve worked with 1,500+ UK schools
We’ve provided650,000+ hours of 1-to-1 teaching
Plug gaps so Y7 students are better able to access KS3 curriculum:
✔ Baseline assessment against end of KS2 expectations
✔ Weekly 1-to-1 online teaching to address gaps
✔ Specialist intervention teaching from primary experts
✔ Regular reporting to support Y7 planning & teaching
✔ Downloadable assessment, resources and CPD for Y7 intervention
We know it can be hard to support students who arrive in Year 7 working below age related expectations. These students often need to revisit content from the primary curriculum and may have gaps which will limit their progress at secondary school if not addressed.
Our KS3 Catch-Up Intervention is a great way to support this target group, with personalised online maths lessons from our primary maths specialist tutors.
Baseline assessment & lesson selection
- We begin by assessing students from your target groups against KS2 expectations to identify gaps.
- You decide whether you’d like lesson objectives to be automatically selected or if you’d rather choose from our curriculum of over 270 lessons.
Weekly 1-to-1 teaching
- Lessons are delivered by our specialist tutors, who adapt the pitch and pace to each student.
- Students communicate with their tutor in our secure online classroom, a low-stakes environment which encourages them to explain their thinking.
Securing foundations for KS3 success
- The 1-to-1 nature of the lessons ensures the most is made of every lesson, focusing on the areas where students need more support.
- Our tutors are all fully trained on teaching the KS2 curriculum, so that students can review and consolidate knowledge from the primary curriculum and more quickly start to access KS3 content.
1-to-1 maths for Y7 catch up
Want to see how our online 1-to-1 maths interventions work? Let us know a date and time to:
- Review our curriculum
- See how our online 1-to-1 tuition works
- Explore the online learning platform
- Get a quote for your school
Available for schools in the UK only. If you’re a parent looking to support your child, please visit: matr.org